Sunday, April 5, 2009

IDEAL WAY ART CONTEST

 

 

 

 

WOW
What a magical day I had. Decided to go to the Gallery April 4 to see my art and the other finalists in the IDEAL WAY ART CONTEST. The moment I walked into the door I was the centre of attention. Sometimes I am made to feel 'less than' but not that day. My art, my talent, all of my hard work has been recognized and I feel that I am finding my work in life. The day was about the artists, not the families, not about disabilities, but about us as artists. I met many fellow drawers, the place was packed. Over the last few days, over 900 visitors have dropped in. My mother and brother came to see my work and got a lift home with them.

If you get a chance, Google Ideal way- they always have lots of things going on.

Thanks Addie and Rob
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Gordo said...

Congratulations, John. It was a delight for all of us Ideal-Way volunteers to meet you at the Art Exhibition. My wife feels blessed to be the highest bidder for one of your paintings.

This annual Art Exhibition is just one example of Ideal-Way's unique approach to positively re-educating mainstream society, by publicly empowering persons with intellectual disability. Glad you liked it. Hope to see you there again next year, John.

God bless, and Happy Easter.